Kahlua Cheesecake Bars
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 34 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 teaspoon baking powder
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 34 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua, or 3 tablespoons strong coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 12 cups sour cream
- 13 cup sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Melt butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat.
Set aside to cool.
Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, eggs, powdered coffee and vanilla extract until blended.
Stir in cooled chocolate mixture.
Spread batter in an even layer in prepared pan.
Beat cream cheese, sugar and flour in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
Beat in liqueur, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
Carefully pour over brownie layer and spread in an even layer.
Bake 20 minutes until the top is almost set.
Sour Cream Layer:.
Mix sour cream and sugar.
After bars have baked 20 minutes, remove pan from oven and carefully spread sour cream mixture over top.
Return to oven and bake 10 minutes longer.
Cool pan completely on wire rack before cutting in bars.