Heavenly Chicken Lasagna
- 1 tablespoon butter, or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 12 large onion
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounce) reduced-fat cream chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) containerrefrigerated reduced-fat alfredo sauce
- 1 jar (7 ounce) pimentos, diced, undrained
- 1 jar (6 ounce) mushrooms, sliced, drained
- 13 cup dry white wine
- 12 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1 package (10 ounce) spinach, chopped, frozen, thawed
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 12 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 2 12 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
DirectionsMelt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onion, and saute 5 minutes or until tender.
Stir in soup and next 5 ingredients.
Reserve 1 cup sauce.
Drain spinach well, pressing between layers of paper towels.
Stir together spinach, cottage cheese, and next 3 ingredients.
Place 3 lasagna noodles in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
Layer with half each of sauce, spinach mixture, and chicken.
Sprinkle with 1 cup Cheddar cheese.
Top with remaining 3 noodles and reserved 1 cup sauce.
Cover and chill up to 1 day ahead.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese, and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.