Sarasota's Warm Apple/Cranberry/Orange Spiced Cocktail
- 8 cups apple cider, (not apple juice, it really makes a difference)
- 3 cups cranberry juice, (100% pure cranberry)
- 1 cup orange juice, (no pulp, but fresh, I just use 2-3 fresh whole oranges and juiced them myself, strained the pulp ou
- 14 cup honey
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 cup dark rum, (not Myers dark rum, but any golden or Barcadi Rum for example)
- 12 cup brandy
- cranberries, fresh
- 1 orange, sliced, cut in half and thin
DirectionsBase -- In a big pot, just mix on medium low heat the orange juice, apple cider, cranberry juice, honey, cinnamon sticks, whole cloves and orange strips.
Note, if using your fresh oranges for your orange juice, peel off the orange strips before you squeeze your orange, it is so much easier.
I just took a knife and peeled a few long strips.
Simmer -- On medium low heat for about 25 minutes uncovered.
This can also go into a crock pot and cooked 1 hour on high or med for about 2 hours and low for about 3, just until warm.
All crock pots are a bit different, so just check until nice and hot.
Serve -- Take a strainer or slotted spoon to remove the cloves and cinnamon sticks from the cider.
Then mix the brandy and rum in a measuring cup so you just pour a little into each cup as you serve them.
Add a few cranberries and a orange slice to the bottom of your mug, a good shot or so of the brandy/rum mixture and top with the cider.
A great drink for the whole family.