Mexican Rice With Chicken
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 onions, chopped,
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast, diced,
- 2 cups water
- 1 can whole (15 ounce) canned tomatoes, chopped,
- 5 12 ounces uncooked long grain rice
- 12 teaspoon turmeric
- chili powder
- 12 medium red pepper, chopped,
- 12 medium green pepper, chopped,
- 12 cup celery, sliced,
- 23 cup peas, frozen
DirectionsSpray a large non-stick frying pan with cooking spray, heat and then brown the garlic, onions and chicken.
Add the water, tomatoes, rice, turmeric and chili powder.
Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the peppers and celery and simmer 10 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
Add the peas and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until the rice and peas are tender.