Almond Snow Fruit Boats Recipe
- 4 x Apple, sliced, unpeeled, thin
- 3 x Banana, sliced, peeled, thin
- 3 x Pear, sliced, unpeeled, thin
- 2 x Pineapple, fresh (with tops)
- 2 x Strawberry, halved, -tops
- 1 1/2 lb Grape, halved, seeded
- 1 pt Kumquat
- 1 1/2 c. Whipping cream
- 1 1/2 c. Powdered sugar, sifted
- 4 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp Almond extract
- 2 quart Ice, finely crushed
- 3/4 c. Almonds, toasted & slivered
- 3/4 c. orange juice, Fresh
- 1/4 c. Kirsch
DirectionsSprinkle bananas, apples and pears with fresh lemon juice.
Cut pineapples in half.
Using curved serrated knife, hollow out pineapple halves, leaving 1/2" shell (reserve shells and all juice).
Throw away core.
Cut pineapple into 1/4" cubes.
Transfer to large bowl.
Add in sliced fruit* and toss lightly.
Cover and chill up to 2 hrs.
For ice cream: Blend cream, powdered sugar and extracts in large bowl.
Gradually mix in ice (or possibly fresh clean snow) till mix is consistency of ice cream.
Mix in nuts.
Add in reserved pineapple juice to fruit.
Blend in orange juice and kirsch.
Spoon fruit into pineapple shells.
Top with ice cream.
*Can substitute any fresh seasonal fruit and combination of purple and green grapes and red and green apples.