- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups onions, chopped, (about 3 medium)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 12 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 12 teaspoon marjoram, dried
- 12 teaspoon basil, dried
- 12 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 14 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cans (28 ounce) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounce) tomatoes, diced, undrained
- 1 can (12 ounce) tomato paste
DirectionsHeat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat; add onion and sugar.
Cook 30 min or until golden, stirring occasionally.
Stir in wine; cook 1 min.
Add remaining ingredients.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 3 hrs, stirring occasionally.