Savory Cheddar Chive Cornmeal Waffles
- 3 34 cups flour, all-purpose
- 3 cups cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons sugar, (optional)
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 12 tablespoons baking soda
- 34 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded,
- 14 cup plus 2 tablespoons chives, chopped,
- 5 14 cups milk, low fat is fine
- 34 cup oil, vegetable, canola, etc
- 6 eggs, large, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, Franks, Tabasco
- Old Bay Seasoning
DirectionsCombine flour, cornmeal, sugar (if using), baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
Whisk to combine.
Stir in cheese and chives.
Mix in milk, eggs, and oil.
Add hot sauce, rosemary, garlic, parsley, and Old Bay seasoning to your preference.
Pour 2 cups of batter onto large (4 square) Belgian Waffle Maker, less for smaller makers.
For best results, serve immediately.
Alternately: keep warm in a 200 degree oven.
Cool to room temperature before storing in an airtight container or freezing.