Marvelous Fresh Ginger Cheesecake
- 2 cups pecans, ground
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 large egg whites beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 2 pounds cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces ginger preserves
- 2 teaspoons ginger, ground
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
DirectionsFor the crust, mix nuts with brown sugar, egg white, ginger and lemon rind until mixture is just bound together.
Press into bottom and sides of 9 inch springform pan.
For the filling, beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth and light.
Add eggs, cream, vanilla, ginger preserves, ground ginger, and fresh ginger.
Mix thoroughly and pour into prepared nut crust.
Bake at 300F (150C).
for 1 hour and 40 minutes.
Cool 1 hour in turned off oven or overnight.
Cool completely before chilling in refridgerator.
If serving at home, remove springform band from from pan and place on serving tray or dish.
Garnish with candied ginger.