Soba Noodle & Vegetable Lettuce Wraps with Hoisin & Chili Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Mirin
- 2 Tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, Fresh, Finely Grated
- 1 teaspoon Chili Garlic Sauce
- 8 ounces, weight Soba Noodles Or Whole Wheat Spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon Canola Oil
- 1 Tablespoon And Roughly Chopped Fresh Ginger, Peeled
- 1 clove Garlic, Sliced,
- 4 ounces, weight Snap Peas, Trimmed And Cut In Half
- 3/4 whole Red Bell Pepper, Thinly Sliced And Cut In Half
- 2 whole Medium Carrots, Peeled And Cut Into Matchsticks
- 1 teaspoon Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 1 whole Head Boston Lettuce, Leaves Separated And Washed
DirectionsSauce: Whisk together sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, mirin, hoisin sauce, honey, grated ginger, and chili garlic sauce.
Noodles: Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
Add soba noodles or whole wheat spaghetti.
If using spaghetti, break the noodles in half before adding to the water.
Cook according to package directions.
Drain the noodles and rinse well with cold water.
Heat canola oil in a large skillet set over high heat.
Add fresh ginger.
Saute for 1 minute.
Add garlic, sliced, and saute for additional 30 seconds.
Using a slotted spoon, remove the ginger and garlic from the oil and discard.
To the oil, add snap peas, red bell pepper, and carrots.
Saute for 1 minute, or until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
Add the vegetables and toasted sesame seeds to the noodles, pour in the sauce, and toss gently to coat.
Separate and wash the leaves of one head of Boston leaf lettuce.
Serve with the noodle mixture with the lettuce leaves so that each diner can fill and roll the lettuce leaves.
Eat with your hands.