Chilled Summer Salad
- 1 head lettuce, clean, dry, and torn into pieces
- 12 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 12 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup green pea, frozen, thawed, uncooked
- 2 cans (8 ounce) water chestnuts, sliced
- 3 bananas, sliced, tossed in
- 14 cup lemon juice
- 34 cup raisins
- 34 cup nuts, chopped, your choice
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated, mild
- 34 cup green onion, chopped, only green part
- 10 slices bacon, chopped, cooked crisp
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 14 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
DirectionsIn a large dish, layer ingredients in order above, stop after the nuts.
Mix dressing and let stand for 5 minutes.
Spread dressing over entire salad.
Sprinkle with cheese, green onions, and bacon.
Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours before serving.