Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
- 6 large sweet peppers
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped,
- 1 cup corn, frozen, thawed
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped,
- 13 cup canned red beans, rinsed and drained
- 13 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 34 cup cubed monterey jack cheese
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) canchopped ripe olives
- 4 basil leaves, sliced, fresh, thinly
- 3 garlic cloves, minced,
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 teaspoon pepper
- 34 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 12 cup water
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated, divided
DirectionsCut tops off peppers and remove seeds; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the rice, tomatoes, corn, onion and beans.
Stir in the Monterey Jack cheese, olives, basil, garlic, salt and pepper.
Spoon into peppers.
Combine spaghetti sauce and water; pour half into an oval 5-qt.
Add the stuffed peppers.
Top with remaining sauce.
Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until peppers are tender and filling is heated through.
Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Yield: 6 servings.