Seared Tuna with Avocado Salsa
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 avocados, diced, peeled and
- 2 garlic cloves, minced,
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped, seeded and
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-ounce) tuna steaks
Directions1. Combine first 9 ingredients in a medium bowl.
2. Combine soy sauce and brown sugar in a small bowl, stirring until brown sugar dissolves.
Reserve 1 tablespoon soy sauce mixture.
Heat a grill pan over high heat.
Coat pan evenly with cooking spray.
Add steaks to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness, basting steaks frequently with soy mixture.
Remove steaks from grill pan; drizzle with reserved 1 tablespoon soy mixture.
Serve fish with salsa.