Meatball Mushroom Soup
- 12 lb beef, ground
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounce) mushroom soup
- 1 13 cups milk
- 1 13 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped,
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 12 teaspoon instant minced garlic, see note
- 14 cup barley
- 14 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 14 cup long grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 medium carrot, shredded,
- 1 can (4 ounce) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
DirectionsHeat oven to 350 deg.
Shape ground beef into 1" balls.
and bake until just done.
In a dutch oven combine soup, milk, water and onion.
Bring to a boil.
Add Italian seasoning, garlic, barley, macaroni and rice.
Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 15 minute Stir in carrot, cover and simmer for 5- 10 minute Add meatballs and mushrooms to soup.
Stir in Parmesan cheese.
Cook a few minutes more until macaroni and rice are done.
Serve with crusty bread! Enjoy! Note: I used diced garlic from a jar.
Either way is OK.