Crock Pot Chile Verde Stew (Caldillo)
- 2 lbs lean boneless beef stew meat
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounce) tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced,
- 12 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 14 teaspoon cloves, ground
- 1 medium onion, chopped,
- 8 large green chilies, chopped, roasted, peeled and
- 3 medium potatoes, diced in 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup water
- 1 -2 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced (optional)
- 13 cup cilantro
DirectionsCombine all ingredients, except for cilantro and jalapeno peppers, in a 6 quart crock pot.
I prefer to use Yukon Gold potatoes, washed and skin left on.
Stir to thoroughly combine the ingredients.
Cover, turn on low and cook for approximately 5 to 6 hours or until meat and potatoes are almost tender.
Add chopped cilantro, and if more heat is desired, the jalapeno peppers.
Continue cooking an additional 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Serve hot with tortillas of your choice.
This is wonderful warmed over the next day.