Agnolotti With Artichoke Sauce
- 1 9 - ounce package artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped, frozen, thawed and
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup peas, frozen, (do not thaw)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1 pound refrigerated cheese agnolotti, (moon-shaped stuffed pasta) or ravioli
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
DirectionsCombine the artichokes, half-and-half, garlic, red pepper flakes and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large skillet and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
Cover and cook until the artichokes are tender, about 5 minutes.
Add the peas and continue to cook, covered, until tender, about 5 more minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon zest and juice.
Discard the garlic clove.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Add the agnolotti and cook as the label directs.
Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta and transfer to the skillet with the sauce.
Add the parmesan to the skillet and gently stir until the pasta is coated.
Thin the sauce with some of the reserved cooking water.
Stir in the basil.
Per serving: Calories 514; Fat 22 g (Saturated 10 g); Cholesterol 88 mg; Sodium 995 mg; Carbohydrate 56 g; Fiber 9 g; Protein 22 g Photograph by Antonis Achilleos