Amaretto Chocolate Kisses
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, or 1 cup grated chocolate
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar, granulated
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 1 14 cups crushed macaroons, (amaretti cookies)
- 12 cup blanched almond, chopped
- 14 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, or 14 cup icing sugar
DirectionsIn the top of a double boiler, combine the chocolate, butter, sugar, coffee and water.
Place over low heat and simmer until all melted and combined.
Remove from heat.
Add amaretto, cookie crumbs, and almonds.
Chill dough, until firm enough to handle.
Make small balls.
Roll in powdered sugar, or sifted cocoa.
Place in airtight container and store in the fridge.
Keeps up to a month.
Should make 24 cookies.