Chocolate Orange Swirl Cake With Yummy Orange Glaze
- 1 box (18 1/4 ounce) yellow cake mix
- 1 box (3 ounce) orange Jell-O
- 1 cup orange juice, (fresh is best)
- 34 cup oil
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons orange zest, grated, fresh
- 2 (1 ounce) unsweetened dark chocolate, melted
- 14 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, grated, fresh
- 3 tablespoons orange juice, or 3 tablespoons triple sec
In a large mixing bowl, dump cake mix, jello, orange juice, oil, unbeaten eggs, and orange zest.
Beat on low speed 1 minute, then beat on medium for 2 minutes.
Pour 2/3's of the batter into a well greased and floured bundt pan.
Spoon the chocolate mixture scattered over the top of the orange batter.
Take a spatula to cut through and make the swirls.
Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour.
In a small bowl, first add the 2 tablespoons warm water to the 1 Tbsp.
sugar; then add that along with the 1/4 teaspoons baking soda to the 2oz.
melted chocolate Stir to mix well.
Add chocolate mixture to the remaining 1/3 orange cake batter and mix together with spoon until all is well blended.
Follow directions above to add to the bundt pan and orange batter.
Whisk the powdered sugar, orange juice, and fresh zest together in a small bowl.
Set aside and wait for cake to bake.
* When cake is done, be sure to cool on a wire rack about 8-10 minutes before turning cake out of the pan into your cake plate.
Right away, prick the cake on the top and all around the side with a toothpick or a fork.
Slowly, pour the yummy orange glaze over the cake.
Do not cut the cake until it is completely cooled.
It is really best if you can wait until the next day to cut it.
But who can do that? It's the same thing as when you make a cheesecake -- that first taste is so much better when you wait a day!