Noodles Basilico - Pasta in a Creamy Basil Sauce
- 1 12 oz , (336 grm). package egg noodles
- 1 8 oz , (224 grm). package cream cheese
- 1 small can black olives, chopped, drained
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsalted butter
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) basil, dried
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) loosely packed, chopped fresh basil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- butter, optional
- bread crumbs, optional
- parmesan cheese, optional
DirectionsPreheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.
Cook the noodles according to directions on the package.
Drain and keep hot.
Soften cream cheese and stir in olives.
Stir cream cheese mixture into the hot noodles, continuing to stir until cheese has completely melted.
Melt butter, add basil, salt and pepper.
Add to the cheesy noodles and blend in.
Place in a 2 quarts (1900 ml) casserole and bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
You can use a buttered breadcrumb topping with or without parmesan cheese topping if you choose before putting pasta in oven.