Orange and Miso Roasted Tofu and Asparagus
- 14 ounces tofu extra-firm water-packed, rinsed, 1 package
- 2 tablespoons red miso divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar divided
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, extra-virgin divided
- 1 pound asparagus trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons basil, freshly chopped
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
DirectionsPreheat oven to 450F.
Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
Pat tofu dry and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
Whisk 1 tablespoon miso, 1 tablespoon vinegar and 2 teaspoons oil in a large bowl until smooth.
Add the tofu; gently toss to coat.
Spread the tofu in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
Roast for 15 minutes.
Gently toss asparagus with the tofu.
Return to the oven and roast until the tofu is golden brown and the asparagus is tender, 8 to 10 minutes more.
Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 1 tablespoon miso, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 2 teaspoons oil, basil, orange zest and juice, and salt in the large bowl until smooth.
Toss the roasted tofu and asparagus with the sauce and serve.