Creamy Cauliflower with Toasted Walnuts
- 1 head Cauliflower, Separated Into Florets
- Butter, To Coat The Casserole Dish
- 8 ounces, weight Cream Cheese, Softened
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced,
- 1/4 cups Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Freeze Dried Basil, Or Fresh Basil
- Peppercorns, Freshly Ground, To Taste
- Salt To Taste
- 1/2 cups And Toasted Walnuts, Chopped
DirectionsPreheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Coat a 2 1/2 quart round casserole dish with butter and arrange cauliflower in dish.
Stir together cream cheese, garlic, Parmesan cheese, heavy cream, basil, and grated peppercorns; stir until smooth.
Taste for salt.
Parmesan cheese is salty so you might not want to add any more salt.
Pour the cream mixture over cauliflower.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until top is browned and sauce is bubbling.
Let cool 10 minutes.
Toast the chopped walnuts in a frying pan over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
Toss the toasted walnuts over the cauliflower and serve.