- 1 large eggs
- 23 cup shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley leaves chopped flat-leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 cups yellow summer squash shredded seeded, 2-3 medium, about 1 pound
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated, parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra-virgin
DirectionsPreheat oven to 400F.
Beat egg in a large bowl.
Stir in shallots, parsley, salt and pepper.
Place shredded squash in the center of a clean kitchen towel; gather up the ends and twist to squeeze out any liquid.
Add the squash and cheese to the bowl; stir to combine.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Pack a 13 cup measuring cup with the squash mixture and unmold it into the pan; gently pat it down to form a 3-inch cake.
Repeat, making 4 squash cakes.
Cook until browned and crispy on the bottom, 3 to 4 minutes.
Gently turn the cakes over and transfer the pan to the oven.
Bake for 10 minutes.