- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup light cream
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds venison roast, boneless
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour for dredging
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced,
- 1/2 cup dry sherry, or Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup venison broth, beef broth, or water
DirectionsPreheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Stir together the eggs and cream, and set aside.
Combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan, and minced parsley in a large bowl; set aside.
Slice venison roast into serving size portions, 3/8 inch thick.
Pound with a meat mallet to about 1/4 inch thickness.
Season to taste with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour, shaking off the excess.
Dip the venison into the egg, then press into the bread crumbs.
Melt butter in an oven-safe frying pan with lid.
Cook garlic until fragrant, then add the breaded venison, and cook on both sides until browned.
Pour in sherry and venison broth.
Bring to a simmer, cover, then transfer to the oven and bake until the venison is tender, about 45 minutes.