- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon toasted ground cumin
- 1/4 cup green olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced, toasted
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped,
- Salt and pepper
DirectionsBegin by heating a medium Dutch oven over high heat.
Add a tablespoon of olive oil and the ground beef; be sure to distribute it evenly throughout the pan.
Allow to brown on the bottom without moving it for 5 minutes.
As the meat begins to loose its red tint start mixing in onion, peppers, garlic, bay leaves and cumin.
Let it cook for 7 minutes until the vegetables become translucent.
Then add olives, almonds, raisins, tomato paste and parsley.
Make sure to mix it thoroughly with a spoon so that the tomato paste is well incorporated.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.