Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage and Garlic
- 600 g orange sweet potato, (kumera)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups flour
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- olive oil spray
- salt, for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 spring onions, sliced, thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250 ml PHILADELPHIA Light Cream For Cooking
- 1/2 cup chicken, or vegetable stock Whole Foods 1 lb For $3.99 thru 02/09
- 2 tablespoons sage, chopped
- Toasted pine nuts, for garnish
- sage, Chopped, extra, for garnish
DirectionsSTEAM or boil the sweet potato until tender.
Drain well and mash until smooth, cool slightly then stir through the yolks, Parmesan and seasonings.
GRADUALLY mix in enough flour until the dough is soft and pliable, but not too sticky.
Knead the dough on a floured surface until smooth.
Divide into 4 portions and roll each into a 2cm thick rope, then cut into 2cm long pieces.
Shape each into a round and press with the back of a fork.
PLACE the tomatoes on a paper lined baking tray, spray with oil and sprinkle with salt.
Bake in a moderate oven 180C for 10 minutes.
HEAT the oil in a frypan and saute the spring onions and garlic for 23 minutes.
Add the PHILLY, stock and chopped sage, stir until smooth and simmer for 2 minutes.
Season to taste.
COOK batches of gnocchi in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, removing with a slotted spoon as they float to the surface.
Toss the cooked gnocchi in the sauce with the tomatoes and cook a further 2 minutes or until heated through.
Spoon into serving bowls, garnish with pinenuts and extra sage.