Taco Salad for a Crowd
- 1 12 lbs beef, ground
- 2 packages (1 1/4 ounce) taco seasoning, divided
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) bagnacho tortilla chips, coarsley crushed
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cans (16 ounce) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cans (2 1/4 ounce) ripe olives, sliced, drained
- 1 12 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped,
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 1 12 cups thousand island dressing
- 1 jar (11 ounce) salsa
- 13 cup sugar
DirectionsIn a dutch oven over medium heat, cook beef with 1 envelope plus 2 tablespoons taco seasoning until no longer pink; drain.
In a very large serving bowl, combine the lettuce, chips, tomatoes, beans, olives, cheese, onion, chilies and beef mixture.
Combine the salad dressing, salsa, sugar and remaining taco seasoning; pour over salad and toss to coat.