Crab Stuffed Shells
- 1 package (12 ounce) jumbo pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped,
- 1 can (15 ounce) plum tomatoes, in juice,chopped
- 18 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 12 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 cups cooked crabmeat
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 12 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 14 teaspoon black pepper, ground, fresh
DirectionsPreheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Cook pasta shells according to the package directions.
Drain and rinse with cool water.
Sauce: In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
Stir in the tomatoes, red pepper, and oregano and lower heat to medium-low.
Cover the pan and simmer the mixture 15 min.
Stir in the salt.
Combine crab, ricotta cheese, egg, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, parsley, and black pepper.
Stuff each pasta shell with some of the ricotta mixture.
Lay the stuffed shells in a baking dish Add tomato sauce.
Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese over the sauce.
Bake 20 min or so until sauce is bubbly.