Penne Vodka with Herbed Chicken
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 23 1/2- ounce container refrigerated marinara sauce, (about 2 cups)
- 1 14 1/2- ounce can tomatoes with roasted garlic in juice, diced
- 1/3 cup basil, fresh, chopped
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, dried
- 1 whole roasted lemon-pepper chicken, skinned, or whole roasted chicken
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
DirectionsCook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring frequently.
Return to pot.
Meanwhile, heat marinara sauce, tomatoes with juices, basil, vodka, and crushed red pepper in heavy large saucepan over medium heat until hot, about 5 minutes.
Add shredded chicken and stir until heated through.
Add sauce to pasta and toss.
Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer to serving bowl.
Sprinkle with cheese and serve.