Savory Feta Cottage Bread
- 2 23 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelopefleischmann's rapid rise yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 teaspoon garlic powder
- 14 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 12 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 14 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter, or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 egg
DirectionsCombine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar, onion, dill weed, salt, garlic powder and baking powder in a large bowl.
Heat cottage cheese, feta cheese, water and butter until very warm (120 to 130F).
Pour into flour mixture; add egg.
Beat for 30 seconds with electric mixer to combine.
Increase speed to high and beat for 3 minutes.
Stir in remaining 1-2/3 cups flour to make a stiff batter.
Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
Stir down and spoon into greased 1-1/2 to 2-quart round casserole.
Cover and let rise 30 to 45 minutes or until doubled.
Bake at 350F for 35 to 45 minutes or until done.
Remove from casserole and cool on wire rack.