Tacchino alla Tetrazinni -- Turkey Tetrazinni
- 1 md. onion, chopped,
- 1/2 lg. green pepper, chopped,
- 7 tablespoons, butter
- 1 tsp garlic, minced,
- 1 lb white mushrooms, sliced,
- 1-1/2 tsp Essence, (see below in comments)
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/4 cup heavy cream
- 12 oz. Penne Pasta, cooked
- 1 lb cooked turkey, skinless, boneless and cubed
- 1 tbsp Italian Parsley, chopped fine
- 1-1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated,
DirectionsPreheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large skillet, saute the onion and bell pepper in 6 tablespoons of the butter until soft, about 3-4 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook for one more minute.
Add the mushrooms and essence and thyme.
Cook, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms are soft.
Sprinkle with flour and cook for another minute.
Add the wine and chicken broth and stirring until smooth and thick.
Add the heavy cream and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medcium and simmer until sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon and very flavorful, about 15 minutes.
When the sauce has thickened, add the Penne Pasta, cooked turkey, parsley, salt, black peppr and parmesan cheese.
Mix well to combine all intredients.
Butter a 9x13 inch casserole dish with the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter.
Transfer the mixture in the skillet to the buttered casserole dish.
Bake in the 375 degree oven, uncovered, until the mixture is bubbly and nicely browned on top, about 30-35 minutes.