- 1 1/2 pounds beef, ground
- 1/2 package (5 ounces) spinach, chopped, frozen, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced,
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely crushed saltines, (about 10)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Black olives for garnish
DirectionsPreheat the oven to 350F.
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the olives and mix well.
Turn the mixture into a lightly sprayed or oiled 9-by-5-inch loaf pan and gently pat down.
Bake until the loaf is firm and the top is lightly browned, about 1 hour.
Let stand in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Remove the loaf from the pan and slice to serve.
Garnish with the olives.