Cavatappi With Vodka Sauce
- 8 ounces uncooked cavatappi pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 23 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced,
- 1 (8 ounce) tomato sauce
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 34 cup half-and-half
- 12 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 13 cup vodka
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 18 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 cup parmesan cheese, fresh, grated
- 2 tablespoons basil, fresh, finely chopped
DirectionsCook pasta by following package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
Add in onion and garlic; cover and cook 3 minutes or until tender.
Add in tomato sauce; simmer, partially covered, 8 minutes or until thick.
Combine flour and water, stirring with a whisk until smooth; add flour mixture to pan; cook 1 minute.
Add in half-and-half, milk, vodka, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil.
Stir in cheese; decrease heat to low; cook 3 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring frequently.
Add in pasta; toss to coat; sprinkle with basil.