Baby Meatloaves With Bacon Crisps
- 1 onion, finely chopped,
- 14 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped, (optional)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced, fresh, (or to taste)
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup breadcrumb, fresh, (about 2 slices of bread, use only fresh bread crumbs)
- 34 cup half-and-half, or 34 cup cream or 34 cup full-fat milk
- 2 large eggs, slighty beaten
- 3 tablespoons parsley, fresh, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon, you can use more or less)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt)
- 2 -3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated, (optional, but good to add in)
- 34 lb lean ground beef
- 34 lb pork, ground, (you can use 1-1/2 pounds of only gound beef)
- 12 cup ketchup
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar, or 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 -6 slices bacon, cut into about 1-1/2-inch pieces, cooked until crisp
DirectionsSet oven to 350 degrees F.
Set oven rack to middle position.
Line a shallow baking dish with foil.
In a small skillet saute onion, green pepper (if using) and garlic in oil over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes, or until JUST softened.
In a bowl stir together soft bread crumbs, milk, eggs, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, seasoning salt and pepper and Parmesan cheese; mix well to combine.
Add in the ground meat along with the onion mixture; gently mix with your hands until JUST combined (mixture will be moist).
Using a 1 cup measure, drop slightly rounded cups of the ground meat mixture into the baking pan/dish and lightly pat to form 4 "domes".
In a bowl, stir together ketchup and vinegar; spoon over the meat mixture mounds in the baking dish.
Bake meatloaves for about 25 minutes.
Remove from oven and set the oven to broil.
Broil the meatloaves about 2-3 inches from the heat until the glaze is caramelized (about 1-2 minutes).
Top with cooked bacon pieces and serve.