Asian Millet Salad
- 2 cups millet cooked
- 10 ounces tofu, diced
- 6 tablespoons mirin, (sweet seasoning)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, tamari
- 3/4 cup snow pea pods, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar, or cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup green peas frozen, thawed
- 1 each garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces water chestnuts can, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped, spring or green onions
DirectionsIn a large bowl, combine the millet, tofu, snow peas, peas, water chestnuts, and scallion.
In a small bowl, stir together the mirin, soy sauce, venegar, garlic, and sugar.
Pour over the salad and toss to combine.
Let salad chill for a while to let the flavors blend before serving allowing the tofu to absorb the flavors of the dressing.
Top with scallions and serve.