Impossibly Easy Mini Thai Chicken Pies
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast, boneless, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 14 cup green onion, sliced, (4 medium)
- 14 cup cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 12 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, fresh
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded, (4 oz)
- 12 cup original Bisquick baking mix
- 12 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 12 cup salted peanuts
- 14 cup green onion, sliced, (4 medium, if desired)
DirectionsHeat oven to 375F Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
Cook chicken in oil 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
Add onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes.
Add green onions, cilantro, red curry paste and lime juice, stirring occasionally, until mixture is heated through.
Cool 5 minutes; stir in cheese.
In medium bowl, stir baking mixture ingredients with whisk or fork until blended.
Spoon 1 scant tablespoon baking mixture into each muffin cup.
Top with about 1/4 cup Thai chicken mixture.
Spoon 1 tablespoon baking mixture onto Thai chicken mixture in each muffin cup.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and tops of pies are golden brown.
Ten minutes into baking, carefully open oven and sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon peanuts on top of each muffin.
Close oven door and finish baking.
Cool 5 minutes.
With thin knife, loosen sides of pies from pan; remove from pan and place top sides up on cooling rack.
Cool 10 minutes longer; serve with sliced green onions.