Cherry Cheesecake Brownies
- 1/2 cup cherries, tart, dried, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cherry liqueur
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon matzo cake meal
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped,
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped,
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 3.38 ounces all-purpose flour, (about 3/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Directions1. Preheat oven to 325.2. To prepare cheesecake, place cherries and liqueur in a microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave at HIGH 45 seconds or until boiling; let stand 20 minutes.
Place 1/4 cup sugar and cream cheese in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed 1 minute or until smooth.
Add matzo meal, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 egg; beat just until blended.
Stir in cherry mixture.
3. To prepare brownies, coat a 9-inch square metal baking pan with cooking spray; dust with cocoa.
Combine chocolates and butter in a microwave-safe dish; microwave at HIGH for 1 minute, stirring every 20 seconds.
Let stand for 5 minutes.
Stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, egg whites, and 1 egg.
Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
Combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
Stir the chocolate mixture into flour mixture.
4. Scrape half of the brownie batter into prepared pan.
Dot half of cheesecake batter on top.
Top with remaining brownie batter.
Dot with the remaining cheesecake batter.
Swirl batters using the tip of a knife.
Bake at 325 for 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs clinging.
Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Cut into squares.