Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped,
- 3 scallions, chopped,
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers, chopped,
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped,
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon allspice berry, coarsely ground,
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper, fresh
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 cup soy sauce, (Kikkoman)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 7 lbs chicken, quartered
DirectionsIn a food processor, combine the first 10 ingredients and process to a coarse paste.
With the machine on, add soy sauce and oil in a steady stream.
pour into a bowl, marinate chicken overnight.
Let chicken come to room temperature before grilling.
Grill for 35 - 40 minutes.