Decadent Fudge Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened or 1 cup margarine
- 1 12 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 12 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 12 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 12 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 8 ounces sweet baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 13 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped,
- 8 teaspoons shortening, divided
- chocolate and white chocolate leaves, (optional)
DirectionsCream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
Dissolve soda in buttermilk, stirring well.
Add to creamed mixture alternately with flour, beginning and ending with flour.
Add 1 cup mini-morsels, melted chocolate, chocolate syrup, and vanilla, stirring just until blended (do not overbeat).
Spoon batter into a heavily greased and floured 10 inch Bundt pan.
Bake at 300 F for 1 hour and 25 to 35 minutes or until cake springs back when touched.
Invert cake immediately onto a serving plate, and let cool completely.
Combine 4 oz chopped white chocolate and 2 Tbls shortening in top of a double boiler; bring water to a boil.
Reduce heat to low; cook until mixture is melted and smooth.
Remove from heat.
Drizzle melted white chocolate mixture over cooled cake.
Melt remaining 1/2 cup mini-morsels and 2 tsp shortening in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
Remove from heat, and let cool; drizzle over white chocolate.
If desired, garnish with chocolate and white chocolate leaves.