Black Magic Cake (Best Chocolate Cake Ever!)
- 1 34 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 34 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup strong black coffee, cooled
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 12 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 12 cup margarine, softened
- 2 ounces melted unsweetened chocolate, cooled
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
DirectionsCombine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer.
Add eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla.
Beat at medium speed for two minutes.
Batter will be thin.
Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x13 pan or two 9 inch cake pans.
Bake at 350*F.
for 35-40 minutes for a 9x13, or 30-35 minutes for layer pans.
Combine frosting ingredients and mix with a hand or stand mixer.
Spread frosting on cooled cakes.