My Famous Carrot Soup
Directions- Saute onion and ginger in 1/3 cup of butter until translucent, do not burn.
- Add carrots, sugar, orange juice and enough stock to cover about a 1/2 inch above the carrots.
- Cook 30 minutes or until carrots are soft.
- Puree carrot mixture (do this in small batches).
- Pass through a strainer (optional), return mixture to heat and bring to a gentle boil.
- Add creame, remove from heat and whisk in unsalted butter.
- Serve hot with a swirl of savory whipped creame.