Macanese Fried Rice
- 14 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon asian fish sauce
- 12 lime, juice of
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced,
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice, chilled
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced, seeded and thinly
- 12 cup corn kernel, (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 4 ounces chorizo sausage, sliced, thinly
- 12 cup pitted green olives
DirectionsIn a small bowl, combine the sugar, Asian fish sauce, and lime juice and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
Heat the oil in a wok or heavy frying pan over high heat.
Add the garlic and onion and saute for 3 minutes, or until the onion starts to turn translucent.
Pour in the eggs and scramble until they are just set, and then immediately toss in the rice and stir until well mixed.
Decrease the heat to medium and add the bell pepper, corn, chorizo sausage, olives, and the sugar mixture, and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
Remove the wok from the heat and let rest for 4 minutes before serving.