Chinese Dry-Sauteed String Beans
- 1 lb green beans, fresh and dry
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced,
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced,
- 2 scallions, minced,
- 12 teaspoon chili paste with garlic
- 12 teaspoon chili paste, siracha
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 12 teaspoon sugar
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
DirectionsAHeat 1 T of oil in a wok over medium heat.
It is very important to use a wok and to heat the oil first or this wont cook right.
Add the green beans (careful, it will sputter!) and stir fry until they pucker and begin to brow (about 6-8 minutes).
Drain the green beans in a colander.
Heat the other 1 T of oil and add ginger, garlic and scallions,stir fry for a minute.
Add chili sauce and siracha and stir fry for a minute.
Add beans, soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
Serve with rice.