Laotian Mild Coconut Tofu Curry
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 14 cup cashews
- 2 teaspoons lemongrass, finely chopped,
- 2 onions, cut into quarters
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red chili pepper, chopped, thinly
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 12 cups cubed firm tofu
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups potatoes, cubed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
DirectionsMix the garlic with ginger, onions, vinegar, curry, chilli and lemon grass and grind into a rough paste.
Heat the oil in a wok and add the olive oil until hot then mix in the ground paste.
Drop the heat to a simmer and add the coconut milk and water.
Add the potatoes and cook for about 15 minutes before adding the tofu.
Cook for another 15 minutes or until the potato is tender and season with sugar and salt.
Season with salt and pepper.