Spinach and Onion Couscous
- 1 medium onion, chopped,
- 2 garlic cloves, minced,
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounce) chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounce) spinach, chopped, frozen
- 1 package (10 ounce) couscous
- 34 cup parmesan cheese, grated, fresh
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt, (to taste)
- pepper, ground, fresh, (to taste)
- 12 cup pecans, chopped, toasted
DirectionsIn a saucepan, cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil until tender.
Add the broth and spinach; cook and stir frequently until the spinach thaws.
Bring mixture to a boil and stir occasionally.
Add in couscous; stir to combine.
Cover, remove pan from heat, and let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Add remaining ingredients; stir to combine.