Grilled Hawaiian Kebabs
- 1/2 cups Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced Fine Or Pressed In A Garlic Press
- 1- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger, Fresh, Grated Or Minced Fine
- 1 cup Pineapple Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Tamari, Plus More For Garnish Or Soy Sauce
- 3 whole Skinless Chicken Breasts, Boneless, Cubed
- 3 cups Pineapple, Fresh, Cubed
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Cubed (seeds And Stem Discarded)
- 1 whole Orange Bell Pepper, Cubed (seeds And Stem Discarded)
- 1 whole Sweet Onion, Peeled And Cut Into Chunks
- 3 whole Green Onions, Sliced, For Garnish
- 4 cups Cooked Rice, For Serving
DirectionsIn a jar or bowl combine the marinade ingredients.
Whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
Let the marinade sit to get the flavors to meld and store in the fridge until ready to use.
Skewer the chicken, pineapple, peppers and sweet onions alternately and place into a shallow pan or large resealable plastic bag.
Pour marinade over the top and toss to coat.
Make sure the ginger and garlic stick to the kebabs.
Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning every so often.
Preheat your grill to medium-medium high.
Once grill is hot remove the skewers from the marinade and place them on the hot grill.
Cook for 12-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly and their is a good char on the vegetables.
Turn them a couple of times during the grill time so that all sides are nicely charred.
Serve skewers with rice of your choice, sprinkle with sliced green onions and drizzle a little more tamari (or soy sauce) over top.