Yummy Peanut Butter Cookies
- 12 cup sugar, granulated
- 12 cup packed brown sugar
- 12 cup peanut butter, (I usually use Skippy creamy, but chunky for a change is great)
- 12 cup shortening
- 14 cup margarine, (I use Imperial for baking usually) or 14 cup butter, softened (I use Imperial for baking usually)
- 1 egg
- 1 14 cups all-purpose flour
- 34 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 teaspoon baking powder
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar, (for topping)
DirectionsPlace 2 tablespoons sugar in a small dish and set aside.
Combine sugars, peanut butter, shortening, margarine and egg in a large mixing bowl.
Stir remaining ingredients into mixture.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Roll dough into 1 1/4 inch balls.
Dip each ball in sugar on one side.
Place approximately 2-3 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet, sugar side up.
Lightly press a dinner fork flat across each ball twice to make a criss cross pattern.
Sprinkle flattened dough with light amount of sugar to "dust" the criss cross.
Bake 9 to 10 minutes, until cookies are light brown.
Allow cookies to cool for 2 minutes before removing from tray.
TIP- another idea is to press a Hershey's kiss into the middle of each ball prior to baking instead of flattening it with a fork for a "Peanut Butter Kiss".
;) Kids love these!