Stahl Family Kugel
- 2 packages (8 ounce) egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pint sour cream, (light is fine and Greek yogurt works as well)
- 2 packages (8 ounce) cream cheese, (softened, at room temp. Again, light c.cheese works well too)
- cinnamon-sugar mixture, (to sprinkle on top)
- raisins, (optional)
- 3 drops pure vanilla extract, (optional)
DirectionsBoil the noodles until they are al-dente.
Drain and set aside.
Next, beat cream cheese and butter together.
Add the eggs and beat well.
Then add the sugar and sour cream (and raisins, if you used them) and continue to beat the bad out of em! When the mix is smooth and creamy, add it to the noodles.
Mix well and pour contents in to a large, greased baking pan.
Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over the top, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes until the top is slightly browned.
Allow kugel to "set" for 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
Best served warm! Be sure to cover leftovers before refrigerating to prevent the kugel from drying out.