Thai Red Chicken
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 lb skinless chicken, boneless
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated, fresh
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 4 lime leaves, fresh
- 8 ounces sweet potatoes
- 2 12 cups coconut milk
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped, fresh,
- rice, cooked jasmine or thai fragrant rice
DirectionsHeat sunflower oil in a large preheated wok or saucepan.
Thinly slice the chicken.
Add the chicken to the pan and stir fry for 5 minutes.
Add the garlic, curry paste, ginger, tamarind and lime leaves to the pan and stir fry about a minute more.
Peel and dice the sweet potato.
Add the coconut milk and sweet potato to the mixture in the pan and bring to a boil.
Allow to bubble over a medium heat for 20 minutes, or until juices start to thicken and reduce.
Add the cherry tomatoes and cilantro to the curry and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Transfer to serving plates and serve hot with cooked rice.