- 1/2 lb , (.2 kg). extra lean ground beef
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tbsp , (30 ml). fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp , (15 ml). grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp , (2 ml). each dried basil leaves and onion powder
- 5-3/4 cups (1350 ml) , (46 oz (1288 grm). can) chicken broth
- 2 cups (475 ml) thinly sliced escarole, or spinach
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) , (3 oz (84 grm).) RONZONI Orzo, uncooked
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) carrot, finely chopped
- parmesan cheese, grated
DirectionsIn medium bowl, combine meat, egg, bread crumbs, cheese and seasonings; shape into 3/4" balls.
In large saucepan heat broth to boiling.
Stir in meatballs, escarole, orzo and carrot.
Return to a boil; reduce heat to medium.
Cook at a slow boil 10 minutes or until orzo is tender, stirring frequently.
Serve sprinkled with cheese.