Grilled Shrimp with Asian Style "Cocktail" Sauce
- 1 1/4 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 radishes, very thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 2 tablespoons ginger, fresh, finely grated
- 1 Thai bird chile, finely diced, or 1 serrano chile
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves, fresh, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound large (21 to 24) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
DirectionsWhisk together the ketchup, lime juice, soy sauce, shallot, radish, ginger, chile, sugar and cilantro in a medium bowl and season lightly with salt and pepper.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Can be made 8 hours in advance and refrigerated, do not add the cilantro until ready to serve.
Heat the grill to high.
Toss the shrimp with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
Place onto skewers and grill for 1 to 2 minutes per side until lightly golden brown and just cooked through.
Serve sauce in a bowl, surrounded by the shrimp.