Bev's Own Tomato Sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced,
- 1 medium red onion, chopped,
- 1 medium carrot, finely grated,
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounce) tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano, (or 1 TBS fresh, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon basil, (or 1 TBS fresh, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 14 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped, drained and
- 12 cup marsala wine
- 12 cup water
DirectionsIn a heavy sauce pan heat olive oil, over medium high heat.
Add onion and cook until soft.
Add garlic and carrot and continue cooking until garlic just begins to turn color.
Add crushed tomato and tomato paste, bring to a boil.
Add bay leaves, basil, oregano, salt and pepper (to taste).
Add Marsala wine and water, return to boil.
Stir in sun-dried tomato.
After returing to a boil, turn down heat to simmer.
Allow to simmer while stirring every now and then for about 30 minutes or until thickened.
Adjust spices to suit your taste.